Páginas

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Behind "It's Coming Real"


   All tracks on “It’s Coming Real” project were entirely created on Ableton Live 9. I used some samples from the packages that comes with this software to make new sounds, using built in effects and instruments like Simple. But the majority of sound were created using Operator. In my opinion Operator is a very nice and useful synthesizer that allows you to make almost any sound you want, including bass sounds, pads, leads, fx… anything.

   To make the melodies I used Novation Launchpad S. This is a great midi controller to use with Ableton or Fruity loops. Some melodies resulted from improvisations on this midi controller, and I had lots of fun on this process. Also I used Novation Launch Control that helped me on sound customization.

   The drums were all made by creating patterns using customized Ableton Drum Rack kits. I used Ableton packages sample hits to make my own kits using some effects to make them sound as I wanted. It’s very easy and fun to programing drums on Ableton Live.

   The voices were recorded by me using my own voice and my wife voice and then I applied some effects to make them a little bit strange (outer world voices). On this process I used Simple and Audacity. In one of the tracks I used a synthesized voice using a synthesis VSTi called VST Speak. I also created some crazy sounds using this plugin and my own voice. It’s great because no one can recognized it as a human voice.


   This was how this project came to life. I had much fun. I hope you like it…

No comments:

Post a Comment